Notice for Soliciting International Schemes of Project Design for Xicheng Canal Park in Jiangyin City
As entrusted by Jiangyin Municipal Planning Bureau （the Client）， Urban Planning Society of China （Representative of the Client） hereby collects project designs from the public for the undermentioned project and relevant services. Eligible domestic and overseas institutions are welcomed to participate.
I. Project Name
Soliciting International Schemes of Project Design for Xicheng Canal Park in Jiangyin City
II. Project Overview
Located in the heartland of the Yangtze River Delta and in the geometric center of the golden triangle formed by Suzhou, Wuxi, and Changzhou, Jiangyin looks across the Yangtze River from Jingjiang towards the north, borders on Wuxi and is near to Lake Taihu in the south, borders on Zhangjiagang and Changshu and is about 180 km from Shanghai in the east, and borders on Changzhou and is about 190 km from Nanjing in the west; through all ages, it has been an important transportation hub on both sides of the Yangtze River, as well as a natural good harbor which combined water transport. Jiangyin is also an emerging key city along the riverside of the lower reaches of Yangtze River as well as a famous historic and cultural city.
In recent years, Jiangyin has been devoted to the construction of greenways around the city, which brings a new life style to residents, demonstrates the culture of Jiangyin, and brings back the past memories in Jiangyin. In the future, the greenway network of the park around the city will be integrated with residential areas to form a unique greenway network pattern, in which the city rests in green, and the people live in the sceneries in Jiangyin. With the external migration of fairway functions of Xicheng Canal, a cultural landscape belt will be built along both sides of the Canal with history and ecology as the link and become an important part of the park around the city. In order to further demonstrate the unique features of Jiangyin as a waterfront city and improve the life quality of residents, project designs for Xicheng Canal Park are wanted from domestic and foreign institutions.
1. Bonus and compensation fee: RMB 3.6 million yuan, wherein bonus for the first prize is RMB 1 million yuan, bonus for the second prize is RMB 0.8 million yuan, and a compensation fee of RMB 0.6 million yuan will be offered to the third, fourth, and fifth prizes
2. Project duration: 70 days
3. Service duration: 1 year
III. Planning Scope
The planning area of Xicheng Canal Park is about 169.7 hectares （including water area covered 37.8 hectares）； it extends from the Yangtze River in the north to Furong Avenue in the south, and from Tongjiang Road in the west to the east greenbelt of Xicheng Canal and Five-star Bridge-West Ring Road-Meiyuan Road in the east.
IV. Requirements to the Qualifications of Applicants
1. Domestic or overseas institutions that are registered within the territory of the People's Republic of China or in overseas countries, and that have the ability to bear civil liabilities independently and the ability for providing services for this project, including legal entities, and other organizations.
2. Domestic institutions shall possess one of the following two qualifications:
① A design institution with a grade A qualification for landscape architecture engineering specialized design and a grade B or above qualification for construction engineering design issued by Ministry of Housing and Urban-rural Development of the People’s Republic of China;
② A design institution with a grade A qualification for urban and rural planning and a grade B or above qualification for landscape architecture engineering specialized design issued by Ministry of Housing and Urban-rural Development of the People’s Republic of China;
3. Overseas （landscape, planning, design, and consulting） institutions are required to have more than three years of experience in providing urban planning services in China and some designers should possess relevant registration of qualifications.
4. The applicants shall possess the design experience and certain achievements of similar projects.
5. The applicants shall obey the State laws and regulations.
6. The applicants shall have passed the qualification check and obtained the Solicitation Document for this project formally from the Representative of the Client.
V. Number Limit of Applicants Selected
1. The top five applicants that have passed the prequalification will be selected from qualified applicants according to the principle of selecting the best ones get to participate in the solicitation. In principle, one of the winning institutions would be chosen to do in-depth design, and the relevant agreement would be signed separately.
2. The parent and branch companies should not sign up at the same time, and when branch companies（including the branch companies of the branch companies） belonging to the same parent company sign up for the scheme solicitation, the number of the short-listed branch companies should not be higher than 1/3 of the total number of applicants.
VI. Sign Up
1. The applicants download and fill the sign up form （attachment 1） and send it back to email@example.com, and after receiving the sign up form, the Representative of the Client replies the Prequalification Document of electronic version in e-mail.
2. The sign-up applicants should fill the Prequalification Document of electronic version and submit it at the designated site within the specified time.
3. Only by submitting the Prequalification Document and getting the confirmation of acceptance, can the signing up be regarded as effective
4. Address for signing up and submitting the Prequalification Document: 1st floor, North Building of Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, No.9, Sanlihe Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100037 China.
安工010-58323856、陈工 010-58323871 邮箱：firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. An: 010-58323856 Ms. Chen: 010-58323871 E-mail: email@example.com
6. Working time: 09:00－11:00 am, 14:00－16:00 pm, not available during festivals and holidays.
7. Duration for submitting the Prequalification Document: 16:00, April 18, 2017 （China Standard Time）； the Prequalification Document received after the aforementioned time or unqualified Prequalification Documents will not be accepted.
VII. Schemes Assessment Method: the assessment committee composed of five or more national well-known specialists appraise and rank the schemes by voting which are submitted on time in accordance with the solicitation document. See details in solicitation document.
VIII. In case of any discrepancies between the Chinese version and the English version of this notice, the Chinese version shall prevail.
Urban Planning Society of China
Jiangyin Municipal Planning Bureau
March 30, 2017